Dr. Deb Krahl pursued OBGYN as a career because she wanted to be in a field where she could make a difference and help advocate for women and their health. She appreciates the enduring relationships she has developed, including seeing many grandmothers, mothers and daughters in the same family, and enjoys working in such a “happy field.”
“My career has been everything I had hoped for and more, especially the wonderful long-term relationships I have with my patients because they know I care and I love seeing how their lives change from year to year.”
A Minnesota native, Dr. Krahl completed both her undergraduate education and medical school at the University of Minnesota. After spending four years in southern California at the University of California’s Irvine Medical Center to complete her residency, she returned home to Minnesota where she has been an OBGYN for the past 20 years—consistently ranking in the top 95 percent nationally in patient satisfaction scores.
“I love being someone’s doctor over a lifetime – from adolescence through pregnancies, menopause and beyond.”
At Clinic Sofia, Dr. Krahl will be based at the Edina office; however, she will be taking care of patients Fairview Southdale and Maple Grove Hospitals when on call. She looks forward to helping women in all aspects of their health, and has a special interest in high-risk pregnancies as well as performing minimally invasive and robotic surgeries.
Dr. Krahl enjoys quilting, knitting, reading, taking Hawaiian vacations, and spending time with her husband Larry of more than 20 years, daughter Lauren, son Scott and two dogs: Sam, a mini Goldendoodle and Cooper, a Golden Retriever.
- Residency: University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Medical School: University of Minnesota School of Medical, MD
- Undergraduate: University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Magna Cum Laude
- Board Certification: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Minnesota Medical Association