Ask Dr. David Clay what he loves most about being an OBGYN doctor, and he’ll tell you it’s the opportunity to get to know his patients over time. From delivering babies and being part of one of the happiest days of a patient’s life to providing ongoing care and support, he truly cherishes the personal relationships he is able to develop with his patients.
“It is very rewarding to me to be more than a doctor to my patients, to be part of their family and to be an important part of their lives.”
While Dr. Clay enjoys working with patients in all areas of obstetrics and gynecology, he particularly likes to perform minimally invasive gynecologic surgeries. Above all, he greatly appreciates the opportunity to help women be advocates for their own care, another reason he fits right in with the staff at Clinic Sofia.
“I am happy to join a team that holds the same values I do, to help women stay healthy by taking a very personalized and empowering approach to their care.”
A native of Ohio, Dr. Clay completed his residency at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus after attending The Ohio State University College of Medicine. He completed his undergraduate degree at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn.
Dr. Clay looks forward to exploring the Twin Cities with his wife and spending time outdoors—walking, hiking, biking and taking pictures. He also enjoys caring for his pet rabbit Bessie.
- Residency: Riverside Methodist Hospital; Columbus, Ohio
- Medical School: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, MD
- Undergraduate: Vanderbilt University; Nashville, Tennessee
- Member, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Member, American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
Awards & Honors
- The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Garth F. Essig, MD Award
- Riverside Methodist Hospital’s Department of Medical Education Obstetrics & Gynecology Administrative Award
- Riverside Methodist Hospital’s STARS (Success Takes Attitude, Responsibility, and Service) Award
- Riverside Methodist Hospital's Department of Medical Education Obstetrics & Gynecology Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award
- Riverside Methodist Hospital's Department of Medical Education Obstetrics & Gynecology Medical Student Teaching Award