How Does a Virtual Visit Work?
During this time when we are unable to see patients in the clinic for non-urgent issues, we are now offering telehealth or “virtual visits” so that we can continue to see and care for our patients. Following are a few details on how these visits are conducted and who is eligible.
Some of the types of appointments that are eligible for a virtual visit include: anxiety, depression, birth control consult, urinary tract infections, lab consults, prescription refill requests, yeast infections, rashes and more.
- When you make your appointment or call to reschedule, indicate that you would like a virtual visit.
- You will need to provide an email address so our staff can send you a link from a website called Doxy.me that you will use to connect with your provider.
- Upon scheduling your appointment, you will be sent the link and advised to log on 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to access the “Virtual Waiting Room.”
- When the provider is ready, he or she will call you to conduct your appointment via a video conferencing platform.
- These are considered normal office visits and you will be billed accordingly.
Please know our staff is happy to help answer your questions and help you determine if your appointment can be done via a virtual visit.