20 things you can do in 10 minutes or less
Sometimes your to-do list can feel like it’s a mile long and hours deep. It can be a little overwhelming to think about everything you want to accomplish in a given day, but if you break things up in smaller chunks, you might find that it is easier to tackle your want-to and need-to lists. And you might find some joy along the way!
Here are 20 simple things you can do in the next 10 minutes:
- Write a thank-you note.
- Take a quick walk around the block to boost your energy and heart rate.
- Water your plants.
- Fold the laundry.
- Sign up for a new class.
- Take a shower.
- Dance, sing, draw or do something else that’s creative.
- Stretch your entire body.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Pay the bills.
- Schedule a family photo session.
- Learn 10 new vocabulary words.
- Schedule your next doctor’s appointment.
- Read a chapter in a book.
- Take a power nap.
- Do a guided meditation.
- Plan your garden.
- Clean out your in-box.
- Prep food for snacks or your next meal.
- Think of 10 things you are grateful for.
“We often think that change or resolutions need to be massive, but sometimes it’s the little things that count the most,” said Dr. Jewelia Wagner. “Sometimes, I literally only have 10 minutes to manage my to-do list when I get home and short bursts of time can be really effective.”
What do you want to do in the 10 minutes to come? You can even spend them making a list of things you can do today to get organized, accomplish some goals or make progress.